Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Watch

Despite having a promising cast and a great premise, The Watch turned out be a flop. Even with having a pre conceived notion about the movie, after finishing my viewing, I couldn't help but wonder what everyone disliked about it.

Sure The Watch wasn't as funny as it could have been, and sure it was thematically erratic, but the purpose of the movie was to entertain and I for one, was entertain.

The Watch had the stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Johah Hill, and newcomer Richard Ayoade, who all seemed to have good chemistry. The problem about having a lot of stars in this movie is that there was not enough dialogue for each character to really develop. Jonah Hill, probably the best actor of the bunch, was barely even noticeable throughout the movie.

If I were to find a comparable movie, I would have to say it is a less polished version of KickAss. Both films try to balance comedy with intense action, I just feel like The Watch missed the balance just a little bit.

The Watch was not a perfect movie, but I laughed at quite a few parts, and actually enjoyed the story as well. Entertaining movie.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment